Getting Started with Starburst for Analysts
Fire up the SQL launch vehicle to start your maiden trip to the data galaxy
1 Day (8 hrs)
Reach out to us
New to Starburst? Getting Started with Starburst for Analysts features live, instructor-led discussion, demonstrations, and interactive hands-on exercises will provide the knowledge required harness the benefits of running queries using Starburst. During class you will be exposed to the foundational concepts and technology that allows Starburst to access multiple, and varied, data sources in a federated manner. With this insight, you will utilize multiple scalar and aggregate functions to query data using Starburst.
Upon completion of this course, you will have learned how to:
● Differentiate components in a Starburst cluster
● Explain the differences between connectors, catalogs, schemas and tables/views
● Execute federated queries by joining multiple data sources
● Leverage Starburst to query multiple formats of file-based data
● Run a number of SQL functions relevant to customer use cases
● Take advantage of SQL nuances for feature and performance considerations
● Construct analytical-oriented queries for rollup and windowing functions
This course is designed for experienced data analysts, business intelligence specialists, data engineers, and data scientists.
A minimum of intermediate experience with SQL is assumed.
Apache, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Trino, Apache Iceberg, Apache Hive, Kafka, Spark, Trino, Iceberg, Hive, and other associated open-source project names are the Apache Software Foundation trademarks. Starburst, Starburst Data, Starburst Enterprise, and Starburst Galaxy are registered trademarks of Starburst Data, Inc. All rights reserved. DataCouch is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or otherwise associated with the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) or any of its projects.